Published On: Fri, Aug 25th, 2017

Chelsea transfer news: Antonio Candreva unlikely to move, no offer made – Italian reporter


Antonio Conte is keen on making more additions to his Chelsea squad before next Thursday’s 11pm deadline.

Conte wants to provide competition for Victor Modes, and Candreva has been earmarked as a target.

Reports earlier this week indicated the Blues could have the 30-year-old .

Candreva was on Chelsea’s radar in January and Conte tried to bring him in as a replacement for Oscar, who headed to China, but failed.

And Ceccarini has ruled out a last-minute successful swoop for Candreva by the west London outfit.

“He wants to stay unless there is a very important offer, which has not arrived at the moment,” he told Tutto Mercato Web Radio.

“[Joao] Cancelo does not have the qualities to replace the Italian winger, he is more of a defender.”

The Blues have also been keeping tabs on Saint’s right-back Cedric Soares, although the south coast club will be reluctant to let him go with little time to find a replacement.

Meanwhile, Conte looks to have been given a boost in his pursuit of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Reports have suggested the England international will reject a new contract worth £180,000 a week.

This is despite Arsene Wenger insisting he wants to keep hold of the 24-year-old.

He said: “I want to keep my best players. I only have one target – to keep everybody on board. 

“I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age. 

“I, personally, am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”


Celebrity Funny Gaming
Health Food-Recipes Books
Sports Lifestyle Music
Movies Business World
Fashion Top Stories Travel
Technology Education

buzzfix TODAY

Videos

Most Popular Posts